At Water Mill House Care Home we are committed to providing high quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- Relatives and people were positive about the skills, experience and abilities of staff who worked at the home.
- Care was provided in a way that promoted people’s dignity and respected their privacy. People received personalised care and support that met their needs and took account of their preferences.
- Staff had developed positive and caring relationships with the people they cared for and knew them very well.
- Relatives, staff and professional stakeholders were very complimentary about the manager, deputy manager and how the home was run and operated.
- One person said, “Oh yes I do feel safe, it’s a lovely place here, there is always someone around.”
- Staff were able to provide care and support safely but also in a way that promoted people’s independence and lifestyle choices wherever possible.
- One person said, “Lovely food all very good. Good choice, nice puddings. They do use lots of fresh vegetables.” Another person said, “Food is good, always nice and warm. We really do get a good choice of food.”
- Staff had developed positive and caring relationships with people and were knowledgeable about their individual needs, preferences, likes and dislikes.
- One person said, “I can’t fault the place. The staff make you feel welcome and at home.”
- Opportunities were made available for people to take part in meaningful activities and pursue their social interests relevant to their individual needs and requirements, both in the home and in the community.
- People were supported to maintain positive relationships with friends and family members who were welcome to visit them at any time.
- People and their relatives told us they felt their views about their care were listened to.
- One person said “the staff are excellent here, it feels like home.”