At Water Mill House Care Home we are committed to providing high-quality care that is effective and responsive, delivered by an expert team that is well-led and supported in an environment that is safe and secure enabling residents to enjoy a better quality of life.
Here is what the Care Quality Commission (CQC) said about our home:
- Everyone we spoke with told us they were happy living in Water Mill House. People felt the staff were kind and their needs were met.
- People’s independence was promoted daily and people were supported to develop friendships. Staff promoted people’s privacy and dignity and their choices were respected. Care and support were delivered in a personalised way by staff who knew people’s likes, dislikes and preferences.
- Residents had opportunities to take part in organised group activities, pursue their hobbies and interests. Staff had a genuine interest to keep people involved and occupied.
- People, relatives, and staff praised the registered manager for being approachable, supportive and placing people in the centre of the care and support they delivered.
- One person said, “I think this place is safe because of the staff and the design of the home.” One relative told us, “As far as I can see there are plenty of staff here to look after my family member, both day and night.” A resident said, “I have my medication on time every day.”
- A staff member told us, “I had an induction when I started, and the training was good.” One resident said, “The staff are trained and qualified to keep me safe.” A relative told us, “I have total faith in staff. They are both very well trained and qualified to look after my family member.”
- Relatives told us they appreciated staff’s kindness and the attention they showed to people and this put them at ease. One relative said, “I cannot tell you how nice it is to have peace of mind when I am not here. The staff are kind and have an eye for the detail.” Another relative added, “I would very strongly recommend this home to anyone who needed one.”